Elf

"Oh, hello. You're probably here about the story."
I started off my Christmas season with Elf, one of my favorite Christmas movies. Actually, one of my favorite movies ever. I'm a big Will Ferrel fan and this is one of his funniest roles. I'm also a big Zooey Deschanel fan, so this movie just has everything I love including laughs, music, and Christmas cheer!


"I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."

One of the most amazing scenes is when Buddy the Elf decorates the department store. It's amazing. Paper snowflakes and garland everywhere, "Welcome Santa!" written on Lite Brites and a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. It always inspires me to start my Christmas decorating, including lots of paper snowflakes!

"Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?"

Oh, you better believe I will be answering my phone like that for the Christmas season.



One of the best parts of the movie doesn't come until the end. Zooey Deschanel & Leon Redbone singing Baby, It's Cold Outside over the end credits. It's a beautiful song and their voices together make this a unique version. Have a listen for yourself while you sip some hot choco by the fire and get into the snowy Christmas spirit.

No comments: