Accidental Brownie Cupcakes



A few days ago I decided to treat myself to some chocolate cupcakes, as I often do. For some reason, instead of putting in one 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, I put in three 1/3 cups. I didn't realize my mistake at first. I wondered why my batter was really thick, like brownie batter, so I went over the recipe and realized my mistake.
The batter tasted okay unbaked, so I figured the cupcakes would be okay. And they were. They cracked on the top like brownies, which I think looks so cute and delicious. And they taste more like brownies than cupcakes. A little intense, but putting my favorite chocolate glaze on top (which is mostly icing sugar) balanced out the extra cocoa powder in the batter.
I don't know what would happen if you tripled the cocoa powder in other chocolate cake recipes, but you might want to try it and see if you can make yourself some "accidental" brownie cupcakes.




I used the chocolate cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (and I always add chocolate chips). It's the same recipe I used in this video. Only I didn't screw those ones up.

No comments: