My Favorite Music Videos

I don't see a lot of music videos lately because I don't have MTV or MuchMusic, but I've gathered a few that have become my favorites to watch over the years. I love all the songs, but the videos are my favorites because of the whole look. Most of them have amazing outfits, sets, and just a visual style that I love. And some are just fun.

Vanessa Carlton - White Houses



Because of this video, I always want to dance all crazy-part-ballet-part-interpretive-dance to this song. Vanessa Carlton was actually studying ballet when she fell in love with the piano instead.

Beyoncé - Single Ladies

Um, how can you not love this? Amazing dancing, Beyoncé's amazing body. Like, damn. Try not to dance while watching this or listening to this song.

Skye Sweetnam - Music is My Boyfriend


Not only does Skye make awesome, fun music but she also makes a lot of videos, like this one. For a "homemade" video, it's pretty amazing. So cute. I love her.

Florence and the Machine - Rabbit Heart

[click here to watch]

It's just so pretty. Like, I want to live in this video.

Lykke Li - Little Bit


Oh, I just love her. Pretty song. Pretty video. I always shoulder dance like that to this song. I love how some people are dancing crazy. It works cuz it's a pretty song, but it does have a good beat.

Lindsay Lohan - Confessions of a Broken Heart


Okay, I'm sure you're thinking "Ew! Lindsay Lohan!? She's such a twat!" Okay, fine. And half of this video is a cheesey re-enactment. BUT I love the scene with Lindsay. Love the dingy bathroom, love the dress, love her whole look. Love the song. And, yes, sometimes I actually like Lindsay.

Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?


The costumes. The sets. Alice in Wonderland. Oh, how I love you and your Harajuku Girls, Gwen.

Gwen Stefani - 4 in the Morning


Pretty song. Pretty girl. I love how naked she looks. I know she has clothes on, but they're neutral, not some crazy costume. And her hair is down and she has minimal (for her) make-up on. The pretty rawness of the video goes so well with the song.

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song


Love this song. It's just fun. I like how they dance around and rock out. And the inky effects at the beginning and end are cool.

Rihanna - Umbrella


It's just so damn catchy. And bad ass. And sexy.

Pink, Christina Aguilera, Mya, Lil Kim - Moulin Rouge


Ooh, the costumes. The big hair. Love the whole Moulin Rouge look.

Sarah Hudson - Girl on the Verge


Another Alice in Wonderland inspired video. More costumes I want want want.


Here are a couple videos I've discovered recently that I love. Not sure if they'll become all-time favorites like the rest, but for now they're pretty awesome.

Paloma Faith - Stone Cold Sober


Let's party!

Sky Ferriera - 17


It's got a cool street look. Like with the spotlight on her on the bike. And, I mean, my god. The hair. It's its own being. A little disturbing watching a 17 yr old make out in her bra with a guy.


I'd love to hear what some of your favorite music videos are, or if you know of any that you think I'd like, please share!

No comments: