Music Monday: Cheer Up!


If you're ever feeling low, I hope these songs will give you some hope and cheering up. They always make me feel better even when I don't want to.



Happy : Leona Lewis
So what if it hurts me?
So what if I break down?
So what if this world just throws me off the edge
My feet run out of ground
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
Cause I'm just trying to be happy
Just wanna be happy

Face Up : Lights
The times you don't want to wake up
'Cause in your sleep it's never over when you give up
The sun is always going to rise up
You need to get up, gotta keep your head up
Look at the people all around you
The way you feel is something everybody goes through
Dark out, but you still gotta light up
You need to wake up, gotta keep your face up

Nineteen Stars : Meg & Dia
Don't tell me.
You're done for.
I don't need to hear.
You're done for.
You can tell me what you are running from.
I need you.
More than you need you.

Stay awake.
Stay awake survive.
I've got nineteen stars that I.
Gave your name.
Tonight.
I wanna scream.
Wanna scream your name.
Star light, star bright, can save.
You're my wish tonight.

Walking on Sunshine : Aly & AJ
Do I even need to write any lyrics? You just cannot be unhappy listening to this song. And this cover is extra fun.

Lions! : Lights
Be steady on your feet,
No matter the trouble you meet
Lions make you brave,
Giants give you faith,
Death is a charade.
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

See the Sun : Dido
And you probably don't want to hear tomorrow's another day
Well I promise you you'll see the sun again
And you're asking me why pain's the only way to happiness
And I promise you you'll see the sun again

Because I Can : Katy Rose
I keep on dreaming because I can
Even though my eyes don't close
I keep on tripping because its free
To a place I only know
I keep on dreaming because I can
Even though my eyes don't close
I keep on slipping out of this life

This is sure to cheer you up even if you're not down.

[Skip ahead to 0:30 to get straight to the song.]
[From Season 4, Episode 8 of Skins.]

some days are disasters
that you wish could just end.
other days are bastards
just like a bad boyfriend.
but it makes me feel much worse than this
to see a face masked with a frown.
i'm not telling you to smile
but don't be down.
don't be down, my friend.
don't do your wrist any harm.
you don't belong on a funny farm.
and i'd rather see you in a party dress
than in a hospital gown.
i'm not telling you to smile
but don't be down.

Now, go have a lovely Monday!



No comments: