Girl I Love: Iggy Azalea


With the top two songs on the Billboard Hot 100, Iggy Azalea is taking the world by storm, and I, for one, am thrilled. I think this lady is amazing.


If you're not yet familiar with Iggy's origin story, just listen to her hit 'Work'; "No money. No family. Sixteen in the middle of Miami." Iggy Azalea (real name: Amethyst Amelia Kelly, which is so beautiful I don't know why she would change it) came from Australia to America to pursue her career in hip-hop at just 16 years old. She learned from and worked with the best in her industry and made a name for herself.


Oddly enough, it took a while for me to get interested in Iggy's music. Or, I guess, that's not odd since hip-hop/rap is not my favorite style of music. I had watched her music videos occasionally, fascinated, but didn't feel that I would actually listen to the songs if I downloaded them. I think it wasn't until I watched her video for 'Fancy' that I finally looked into her music, and realized I actually love it.

Iggy is not who you would expect to see if I said this is a rapper with the top two songs. Allow me to be superficial for a moment to say that one of the reasons I love Iggy Azalea is because she is drop-dead gorgeous. She's stunning. Her body is banging. Her hair rivals Rapunzel's golden locks. I would be in love with this girl even if I wasn't in love with her music, as well.


Iggy Azalea is a Girl I Love because she speaks (& raps) her mind, she dominates the charts, and she is a powerful example of where hard work & passion can get you.

Check out Iggy Azalea in these places!
Website // Wikipedia // YouTube // iTunes // Twitter

No comments: