Vintage Christmas Cartoons

When I started looking at all the Christmas movies I was going to watch this year, I thought about some old Christmas cartoons I remember watching as a kid. I decided to finally try and find them. Just my luck, typing in "vintage christmas cartoon" into YouTube found me exactly what I was looking for. I was amazed! I haven't seen these since I was so little that I barely even remembered them.

It's such a strange feeling watching something that you haven't seen since you were a wee child and only vaguely remember. It's exciting to watch because it's almost like deja-vu in the way that you're remembering at the same time as you're experiencing it.

I think you'll enjoy these silly little cartoons (from the 30's & 40's!) and you might even remember them from your childhood! I'm sure my parents weren't the only ones with these ancient short films on a VHS at home.

Christmas Comes But Once a Year



Hector's Hectic Life


The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives
[I feel I should warn you of two things in this video. One; the song is very catchy and will get stuck in your head. Two; there is some racist/stereotypical portrayals with the toys. Don't be too offended, it was 1933. That stuff wasn't considered racist back then.]

No comments: