Delicious Day 2: Christmas Muffins FAIL



Sadly, my second Delicious Day of Christmas is what the kids these days would call a "fail".
The plan was chocolate chip muffins, dyed red and green. I cheated and used a plain muffin mix rather than make them from scratch.

As with most of my recipes, these are about 50% chocolate chips.

And then disaster struck... The tray slipped out of my hand when I was taking it out of the oven, resulting in muffin mush all over my oven door and some on the floor. I didn't get a picture of the full mess because I was a little busy trying to pick them all up, resulting in chocolate covered oven mitts. This is just a few pieces that were left on the oven door.

So, that totally ruined my plan to bring them to work the next day. I gathered them up, and they weren't really dirty (some that fell on the floor were, but my oven door isn't filthy) so I kept my smushed, demented muffins to eat myself.

Ya, okay, call me gross. I'm like the opposite of a germaphobe. A little dirt never hurt me. I just warm them up for a few seconds in the microwave to melt the chocolate and mmm, mmm!


Sorry if this post was disappointing, since it was really a big fail. I hope no other disasters strike my future treats coming up, but you never know. I'm trying some new recipes, so we shall see!

1 comment:

Josey said...

Oh noooooo!!
Germs, ewwww!
lol
Those would have been too cute!