My Saturday in Front of the Camera


Like my new 'do? Just kidding, it's not a hair do. It's how I make my hair nice and wavy. I let it air dry for a while (blow dry a bit if I'm in a rush) and then twist it into little buns. More small buns for really curly and less big buns for looser waves. I usually do it at night and sleep on it, but if I'm in a hurry during the day I use the hair dryer to speed it up.

So, the reason I'm doing my hair all nice is because today I'm making two DIY videos (or at least one) and taking a bunch of fashion photos. I have a lot of new clothes I haven't photographed yet to show you all. I also want to join Lookbook.nu, which is invitation only, or apply to join. So I need some good fashion photos to apply with, and then upload (if I can join).

I'm also going to play with this large piece of fabric, wrapping it around me in different dress styles and take pictures. Just for fun, and then I'll decide which would actually work as a dress and make a dress.
This fabric has been in my mom's fabric tub for as long as I can remember. I used to do the same thing as a kid, wrapping it around me to make different dresses. So although I wouldn't normally pick out this fabric for a dress, I love it for its sentimental value to me. I doubt I'll ever have a reason to wear a gown like that so I'll probably end up selling the dress on my Etsy (once I get that going).

I haven't done a photoshoot in a long time, so I'm looking forward to gettin' gussied up, putting together outfits, and posing. I also haven't made a video (besides lame blogs for BuzzVideoBlogNet) in a while, so I'm looking forward to finally doing that, and spending probably most of my Sunday editing.

While my hair dries I'm going to be sketching iMac frame and sleep mask designs while watching Charmed (for about the 10th time).

xoxo
.tish

No comments: