I Made Chocolate Cupcakes!

I hadn't ever made chocolate vegan cupcakes before! Vanilla, Chocolate & Vanilla swirl, and margarita only. But I had a craving for something cake-like and chocolatey so I made cupakes!


I prefer a simple glaze to icing. Icing is usually too intense for me (even though homemade vegan icing is nice and light compared to toxic store-bought icing). Glaze looks delectable when you let it drip over the edges like I did on some, but if you don't want any mess then fill your cupcake cups a little less than you normally would so when they bake they come up just below the liner top. Then your glaze has a retaining wall holding it in.

You can keep glazed cupcakes in an airtight container and the glaze will stay soft. You can also leave them out and the glaze will harden. Either way tastes fine and the cupcakes won't dry out because they are protected by the liner and the glaze.

I won't share the cupcake recipe because it's from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, but I can share the chocolate glaze recipe that I found on TLC Cooking.

Chocolate Glaze
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all in a bowl, et voila! Easy as that. Sifting the icing sugar and cocoa powder will help make it lump free, but it's not necessary.

A basic glaze is just icing sugar and water. You can start with the same ratio as the chocolate recipe, but you just have to add more icing sugar or water to get it the consistency you want.

Glaze is delicious and I find it magical that it is just icing sugar and water. And icing sugar is just finely ground granulated sugar, but it tastes so different! Oh, the world is a magical and delicious place!


xoxo
.tish

No comments: