Four Mini Reviews

One Week
This movie is so Canadian! I love it! I’ve never watched a movie where I thought “Oh my god, I’ve been there!” so much. Or at all. This is a great movie for all Canadians to watch from coast to coast. It shows the beauty of our country as well as our penchant for making giant replicas of animals and objects (like camels and nickels). It’s also about “what would you do if you had one week to live?” It’s like Into the Wild in the way that it makes you think about your life and what’s important and what do you really want to do with your life.



The Proposal
Mostly, really funny. I always love Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds is super cute. Of course, the story line isn’t very original and the ending is cheese on toast, but it was still fun to watch and had some nice touching moments.



The Memory Keeper’s Daughter
Wow, really bad acting. I don’t know why, I’ve seen Dermot Mulroney, Gretchen Mol, and Emily Watson in other movies and they were good. Maybe it was just such a crappy Lifetime movie that they didn’t have much to work with. The story is pretty cheesey with all the coincidences and the ending. It’s about a man who gives up his daughter when she’s born because she has Down Syndrome and tells his wife that she died. They had a twin boy though. The nurse takes the daughter and raises her. It didn’t really explain Down Syndrome, so I didn’t feel like I learned anything from this movie. You could have taken out the Down Syndrome part and it would have still just been a lame Lifetime movie. One thing I liked was the father’s photographs. Really beautiful pictures of his wife and neat things like x-rays.



Hot Rod
I love Andy Samberg. He’s my boyfriend. (Long story short- I had a dream in which he was my boyfriend, so ever since then I’ve called him my boyfriend.) It’s not the best movie because it’s basically an SNL sketch going on forever with weird jokes throughout. It’s still really funny and entertaining, though. And my boyfriend is just so cute and funny I’d watch anything with him.

No comments: