Cupcakes & Cocktails: Snow White



So, now you know that I am certainly no experienced mixologist and I also can't even handle the taste of alcohol. But it's because I don't like the taste of alcohol that I became interested in learning how to make cocktails, so I can make drinks that are actually delicious but still get me drunk. ;) For now, I am finding recipes online to recreate (adjusting sometimes to what I actually have available) but as I learn more, and stock up my own bar, I'll be able to experiment with drinks to create my own. 

Why didn't the layering thing work? I think it's because the recipe said green apple schnapps but I used green apple Sour Puss because that's what I already had. The densest liquid stays at the bottom, which is the sugariest, I think. I guess Sour Puss is sugarier than schnapps, so it didn't want to stay on top. It went to the middle, actually, I guess some of the vodka without enough grenadine in it went to the top. If I had had enough green apple to make another one (I made one in the video and then another for the close-up) I would have put way too much grenadine in, to make sure it was dense enough to stay on the bottom.

Recipes:
Black Velvet Cupcakes and Cream Cheese Icing
Poison Apple Martini

Of course, I couldn't resist taking some Snow White photos while I was all dressed up. The first & last time I wore this costume was Halloween (my birthday) 2012. See those photos and how I made it here.



No comments: