The Best Christmas Playlist Ever: Originals

Last year, my Christmas blogging plans were interrupted by the trauma induced by the sudden death of my beloved iMac of 6 years. It derailed a lot of my Christmas plans. Even though I was only without a computer for three days (I got a MacBook Pro as a replacement), it was such a weird adjustment period (I couldn't watch all my Christmas movies on my TV because my MacBook was too new to hook up with my old TV!) that I scrapped a lot of plans. Those plans included a lot more Christmas blogging and even some decorations DIYs. This year my Christmas blogging as been interrupted by working long hours, laziness, and just generally not blogging much all year.

Lucky for you, though, I'm finally here to post the second half of my Best Christmas Playlist Ever! This list is the best original songs I have. And maybe it's a good thing this list waited a year because I've added a few new songs to the list this year.

***Update: Grooveshark doesn't exist anymore, so there's no playlist here to listen to, but you can look up the songs on iTunes easily!


All I Want for Christmas - Joss Stone
"All I want for Christmas is you. Nothing old, nothing new, borrowed, or blue."

Shake Up Christmas - Train
"Shake it up! Shake up the happiness! Wake it up! Wake up the happiness! Come on, y'all, it's Christmastime."

All My Bells are Ringing - Lenka
"Take my heart this Christmas. I'll wrap in a ribbon and a bow. Take my heart this Christmas. Take it wherever you go."

More Than I Wished For - Schuyler Fisk
"You're the sugar and my spice. The naughty to my nice. You are the one. You're more than I wished for."

Christmas in the Sand - Colbie Caillat
 "I saw Santa in his bathing suit. Trying to catch a wave but he tried too soon. He laughed so hard that he could barely breathe. And washed up next to me."

The Christmas Song - The Raveonettes
 "All the lights are coming on now. How I wish that it would snow now. I don't feel like going home now. I wish that I could stay."

Christmas Tree - Lady Gaga
"Oh, oh, Christmas. My Christmas tree's delicious."

The Greatest Time of Year - Aly & AJ
 "It's the greatest time of year and it's here! Help me celebrate it!"

December - Norah Jones
 "December won't you come. Back with snow and sun. Don't say that it's done."

Best Christmas Ever - Wonder Girls
"I hope my Christmas wish comes true. Hey, Santa do you hear me? Then underneath the mistletoe I found you. It's a miracle! A Christmas miracle!"

December 25 - Francesca Battistelli
"It's like coming home knowing everything's right. Oh, December 25."

Always in Season - Pomplamoose
"Cause I thought Christmas was supposed to be more than lighting up the Christmas tree. More than filling up our socks with toys. More than all of this tremendous noise."

Calling to Say - Serena Ryder
"I just thought I'd call and ask Are you having fun? Are you seeing anyone? Ya, I've been busy, too. Hope I'm not keeping you."

Christmas - Leona Naess
"Cause I'm full of love. Ya, I'm full of the above."

Extraordinary Merry Christmas - Glee
"It's a very, very, merry, merry Christmas. Gonna party on 'til Santa grants my wishes."

Fairy Tale of New York - The Pogues
"You're a bum, you're a punk, you're an old slut on junk! You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot! Happy Christmas, your arse, I pray to God it's our last."

Where are You Christmas? - Faith Hill
"Where are you, Christmas? Why can't I find you? Why have you gone away?"

4 Carats - Kelly Clarkson
 "Like a diamond ring. Just a little something from Tiffany. Or a big ruby. You know red has always looked good on me."

No comments: