Chocolate Coma

This year, I was peer-pressured into participating in the Secret Santa at work. The reason I wasn't keen on participating is because I didn't feel I know anyone at work well enough to get them a present that they'd actually like. When it came to deciding what to get for the girl whose name I drew, I eventually came to the conclusion that everyone likes chocolate. After seeing these little dishes in the Christmas baking section, I dreamed up a little chock-full of chocolate dish. It started with a layer of chocolate fudge on the bottom, a layer of chocolate (with chocolate chips, of course) cake, a layer of chocolate pudding, topped with a chocolate crinkle cookie. The cake and pudding, I've made many times before but the fudge and cookies would be new recipes for me.

Fudge layer // Extra fudge cut into shapes
 
Cut out cake using the dish to trace a circle
 
Plopped on some pudding // The cookies were smaller than I had envisioned, so I filled in the top with three whole cookies and three thirds
  
I put the dish for my Secret Santa into a nice gift box // With all the leftovers, I made up some cake & pudding sandwiches topped with fudge and some cake & fudge crumble in cupcake cups

P.S. I've named the dish "Chocolate Coma" because when I described the dish on Facebook and asked if they thought my Secret Santa recipient would like it, my friend Mandy said "After they come out of their coma, yes."

No comments: