Christmas Cakes

 

I regret not taking more photos of this cake. I wasn't very happy with it in the end because it was a bit wonky and sad, so I just snapped a picture with my phone at the party. I really should have got a picture of it after it had been cut because it had red and green layers. I'm tempted to make another one (better planned), but I'm not sure for what occasion exactly...


I wanted to try to make a Christmas tree using the leaf tip. Yes, it took a long time. Yes, my hand started to hurt. But, I like how it looked with just the little silver balls. I like simple, minimalist when it comes to cakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tish, this is a beautiful cake! how did you create the tower-like effect? is it made up of several layers of 8" round cake?

Tish said...

It was only 6", but basically, yes. And a few kabob skewers to try to keep it straight, because that's all I had.