Well, I Got a Brand New Pair of Roller Skates

I kept hearing this song over the speakers at work, and I thought it sounded familiar, but I didn't know it. And I couldn't hear it well enough to make out any lyrics that I could later Google. But, one day after trying many different combinations I finally figured out the lyrics and found the song.
I then looked it up on YouTube to give it a listen. One of the first videos that came up was this one. The description reads: "A 8mm film done by my sister while in high school for a class project in the 70's with music by Melanie that finally got edited to tape"
I just love that it really is a home movie from the 70's! It looks like it could have been made today to look 70's and kitchy, but it's authentic.
You know how some people like thrifting? They like finding housewares or clothes from a long time ago. It's neat to have something that was made and used and loved so long ago and now you get to love it again. That's how I feel about old movies, or even better, vintage home videos like this. It's such a gem! Someone worked hard to make this little video for this song, and over 30 years later I can watch it and enjoy it, too!
I just really wanted to share this song and video with you.

1 comment:

Eleni said...

They used this song in an advert here is the UK recently, but it just made us all think of The Wurzels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAh_A7N3_mc