Delicious Day 7: Apple Crisp


This was originally meant to be Raspberry Apple Crisp (recipe from La Dolce Vegan) but the raspberries didn't last long enough to make it into the crisp. AKA I ate them all. Gawd, I love raspberries! But that's okay, because I could still make a delightful apple crisp!

Start by chopping up some apples. (The recipe called for 3 large granny smith apples and 1 cup of raspberries, so instead I used 4 apples.)
Stir them up with 1 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon. And put that into a glass baking dish.
For the topping, stir up 1 cup oats, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 margarine (cubed), 1 tsp cinnamon. (I added way more cinnamon to every part, though.) Put the topping on top of the fruit and bake at 350*C for 50-55 minutes, until the apples are mush and the top is brown.
Nothing like baked apples to warm your tummy and your heart during the cold winter!

No comments: