Coraline Collector's Edition DVD

I love Coraline so much! I saw it in theatres but I really wish I saw it in 3D. So I was really excited when I heard they were releasing a DVD in 3D. As much as I love the movie, the old-school 3D (one eye red, one eye green) really doesn’t look so good. At the beginning of the movie it warns you that it may take about 5 minutes for your eyes to adjust to the 3D. I think it took longer than that and even when the 3D seemed to be working, it took the color out of the movie. Only the color blue really stood out. It’s not a very colorful movie in most parts, but it was definitely dull. There’s no part of the movie that’s really amazing-omg-gotta-see-that-in-3D-right-in-your-face. So, although it was interesting to watch it in 3D at home, I probably won’t ever watch it in 3D again. It’s much more enjoyable in its natural state.

The DVD also includes a few behind-the-scenes features, which I found really interesting. Claymation animation is so complex and takes so long. It’s amazing that people have the patience to do that.

No comments: