Coming Attractions

(500) Days of Summer
Well, first of all I love Zooey Deschanel, so I'd want to see anything with her. But I'm more interested in the unique love story between a hopeless romantic (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and a girl who doesn't believe in fairytale love (Zooey's character). The title refers to the length of his relationship with the girl named Summer. The movie goes back and forth to show different times of their relationship. I like unconventional love stories, so I think I'll like a movie that combines the two opposing views on love.



Funny People
I've loved Judd Apatow's other two films (The 40-year Old Virgin and Knocked Up) as well as the comedies starring Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, and the rest of the cast. Adam Sandler plays a stand-up comic who is dying. He befriends Rogen's character, a struggling stand-up comic. Then he finds out he isn't sick anymore and has new lease on life. The movie looks like it combines the serious stuff with the comedy very well. I like Adam Sandler in his non-comedic movies as well and I think he and Seth Rogen will make a good pair in a movie like this.



Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
I'm a fan of the Harry Potter books and movies, so, of course, I'm excited for the next movie installment of the series. I'll be especially excited if I can see it in 3D. And I'll pee my pants if the whole thing is in 3D, not just the last 20 mins like it was for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This book/movie is when the Harry vs Voldemort thing gets more serious and intense. However, I've heard that this movie is actually more comedic and romantic than the others. They've done a good job of the previous movies, so I think it's safe to assume this one will be as good, or even better.

No comments: