What's the Big GOOPing deal?

I decided to see what the deal was with this GOOP site by Gwyneth Paltrow, and after looking around the whole site, I still don’t really get why people like it. Or her.
The site has six sections: Make, Go, Get, Do, Be, and See. Each page has posts (written by Gwyneth, I’m supposed to assume), but only about 6-8 in each section. It looks like there’s only a new post/article each month.

It’s supposed to be a lifestyle website, but all I got from it was Gwyneth writing about her lifestyle. And with new posts few and far between, I don’t see the appeal. Sites like that need to be constantly updating. I guess because she’s famous Gwyneth Paltrow, people would go to it no matter what it was about.

I really just don’t get what the big deal is. But maybe it’s just not my kind of site. You may like it.

One last thing: what the fuck does GOOP mean/stand for? My only guess is that the G is for Gwyneth, the P is for Paltrow and maybe she has two middle names that start with O?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yeah, I don't really understand it either and think it's dumb, and I LIKE Gwyneth. lol